Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh - Allegheny
- Click on any of the images below to start the slideshow.
- Click here to see all of our photo gallery exhibits.
- More than 1,400 people visited the new $6 million facility during its stunning debut on August 28 and 29, 2009.
- Honorary Committee Co-Chairs Greta and Art Rooney II were joined by more than 160 community supporters at a sold-out Champagne Luncheon to benefit the Libraries for LIFE Capital Campaign.
- The Honorary Committee and luncheon guests helped Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh achieve the Richard King Mellon Foundation’s $1 million dollar challenge grant match.
- Ian Lawler, one of Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh’s young cardholders, was CLP – Allegheny’s first official customer. He opened the building by placing the final book, Allegheny Story by William L. Rimmel, on its proper shelf in the Library’s Allegheny City Historic Reading Room.
- Guests made history! Visitors to the building had the opportunity to add their name to a 119-year-old guest book that graced the opening day of Allegheny City’s first public library.
- CLP – Allegheny is the ninth project to be completed in our Libraries for LIFE Capital Campaign. We hope you will join us in the fall of 2010 when we celebrate the opening of our tenth project, the renovation of CLP – East Liberty!