During one 24-hour period, your gift to the Library can go even further! From 12 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, October 3, The Pittsburgh Foundation will host Pittsburgh's Day of Giving. Your gift of $25 or more to the Library, made through the PittsburghGives Website during that period will be partially matched by The Pittsburgh Foundation.
Mark your Calendar!
Thursday, October 3, 2013
12:00 a.m. – 11:59 p.m.
Pittsburgh's Day of Giving.
The fastest way to make your gift to the Library go further.
Guidelines for Day of Giving 2013
- All contributions received through the PittsburghGives website during the 24-hour period will receive a portion of the matching dollars.
- You have the ability to donate to multiple organizations at the same time.
- Credit card gifts only. No gifts from checks, cash, gift card redemptions or donor-advised fund grants will be eligible for matching funds. Only Visa and MasterCard will be accepted. The credit card processor charges a nominal fee per transaction. The Pittsburgh Foundation does not receive any fees. (Sorry, credit card gift cards, American Express and Discover will not be accepted.)
- All donations during the 24-hour period will receive a pro-rated portion of a $750,000 match pool (Provided by The Pittsburgh Foundation, The Jack G. Buncher Charitable Fund, The Colcom Foundation and The Robert Waters Fund). As an example, if the total amount raised that day is $2,000,000, then the match will be .38 cents on the dollar.
- The minimum contribution is $25. There is no limit to the amount of money you may give to each organization. All donations are for operating support; you cannot designate a specific program.
- Up to the first $1,000 of every gift per donor per organization will be counted towards the match pool. You may make a donation to as many organizations as you like – only up to the first $1,000 per donor per organization will count towards the match pool. (For example, give $1,000 to Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh and $1,000 to Pittsburgh Parks Conservancy, both gifts count towards the match pool. Give $2,000 to Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh, only $1,000 counts towards the match pool.)
- Each gift is 100% tax deductible. The credit card charge will display as a donation to “The Pittsburgh Foundation” on the donor’s credit card statement.
If you have questions about supporting the Library on the Day of Giving, contact Charla Irwin-Buncher at 412.622.1873 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.