During one 18-hour period, your gift to the Library can go even further! From 6 am to 11:59 pm on Tuesday, May 6, The Pittsburgh Foundation will host Pittsburgh's Day of Giving. Your gift to the Library, made through the PittsburghGives website during that period will be partially matched by The Pittsburgh Foundation. This event takes the place of the day traditionally held in October.
Mark your Calendar!
Tuesday, May 6, 2014
6 am – 11:59 pm
Pittsburgh's Day of Giving.
The fastest way to make your gift to the Library go further.
Guidelines for Day of Giving 2014
- All contributions received through the PittsburghGives (pittsburghgives.org) website during the 18-hour period will receive a portion of the matching dollars.
- You have the ability to donate to multiple organizations at the same time.
- Credit card gifts only. No gifts from checks, cash, gift card redemptions, or donor-advised fund grants will be eligible for matching funds. Only Visa and MasterCard will be accepted. The credit card processor charges a nominal fee per transaction. The Pittsburgh Foundation does not receive any fees. (Sorry, credit card gift cards, American Express, and Discover will not be accepted.)
- There is no limit to the amount of money you may give to each organization. All donations are for operating support; you cannot designate a specific program.
- The Library is unable to make contributions on behalf of a donor. The donor must make the online contribution and he/she will be receipted directly for that donation.
- Up to the first $1,000 of every gift per donor per organization will be counted towards the match pool. You may make a donation as many organizations as you like - only up to the first $1,000 per donor per organization will count towards the match pool. (For example, give $1,000 to Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh and $1,000 to Pittsburgh Parks Conservancy, both gifts count towards the match pool. Give $2,000 to Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh, only $1,000 counts towards the match pool.)
- Each gift is 100% tax deductible. The credit card charge will display as a donation to "The Pittsburgh Foundation" on the donor's credit card statement.
If you have questions about supporting the Library on the Day of Giving, contact Charla Irwin-Buncher at 412.622.1873 or by e-mail at email@example.com.