Parties & Celebrations
16th Annual Summer Reading Extravaganza
On Your Mark, Get Set….READ!
Children, teens and adults can exercise their minds this summer, through the popular Summer Reading programs at Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh. The fun kicks off at the 16th Annual Summer Reading Extravaganza. Kids, teens and adults can enjoy this outdoor festival featuring music, crafts, games, storytelling, food trucks and more!
Here’s a sample of some of the great things you can do at this year’s Extravaganza:
- Enjoy live performances, interactive storytimes and puppet shows
- Browse the annual book sale
- Play a fun CLP Readers Game
- Try your hand at science experiments
- Check out cooking and gardening demonstrations
- Personalize a Smiley Cookie with Eat‘n Park
- Support your Library by purchasing food from the featured food trucks
- Sign up for Summer Reading and so much more!
This event is held rain or shine. No event registration required.