After Hours: Books First
Audiences have fallen in love with shows like Game of Thrones, Outlander, The Walking Dead, House of Cards and Pretty Little Liars – but did you know they were all novels first?
Put down the remote and come to the Library for a night of literary fun, celebrating the best of books to television at our Fall After Hours event. Whether you are Team Stark, Team Jamie or Team Underwood, you can join the debate over craft drinks, light bites, live music, trivia, crafts and more!
- Drink selections including signature cocktails inspired by the series, beers from Full Pint Brewing and Rock Bottom Brewery Pittsburgh, KingView mead, Wigle Whiskey spirits, and wine
- Gourmet treats from Sweet Peaches, Waterfall Catering, The Pub Chip Shop and Just Good Donuts
- Silent auction for library furniture and great items from local business
- Special visit from Pretty Little Liars author Sara Shepard
- Live performances from local bands The Park Plan, The Van Allen Belt and Brazilian Wax
- Outlander-inspired tours of our William R. Oliver Special Collections Room
- 3D printed Hodor doorstop demonstrations
- Nostalgic fun, including Pin the Brain on the Zombie, Color Your Own Jamie Fraser, Underwood 2016 button making, screen printing, photo booths and more!
This event is sold out.
General Admission: $30 per person. Hors d’oeuvres and 2 drink tickets included.
VIP: $45 per person. Includes General Admission + souvenir glass and exclusive access to the WHIRL Publishing VIP section featuring Pittsburgh Winery.
Must be 21 or older to attend.
Check out this video from our Spring After Hours event:
- Alexandra Schwall
- Barrett Winfrey
- Bonnie McCloskey
- Carly Neal
- Ginny Beck
- Ian Eberhardt
- Jessica Bevan
- Julie Salek
- LeeAnn Anna
- Lisa Steed
- Maureen Shaughnessy
- Melissa McKenna
- Renee Alberts
- Ryan Champagne
- Sara Werner
- Shanna Carrick
After Hours @ the Library supports the day-to-day operations of Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh. For tax purposes, the fair market value of the refreshments and entertainment for the event is $20 for General Admission and $35 for VIP. The tax-deductible portion of each ticket is $10.