Special Collections Overview
This reference collection offers resources for students of children's literature, educators, librarians, and other interested library users. The collection continues to grow with new and historical materials added to enhance its scope.
The Children's Department Special Collections include:
- Children's books significant to the history of children's literature
- Notable books about literature for children, recent and historic
- Folklore from many lands, and books about folklore
- Criticism, reviews, and biographical information about authors and illustrators
- Children's books by local authors and illustrators
- Books by former Children's Department directors and staff
- Books about storytelling and puppetry
- Pop-up and moveable books
- The John Newbery and The Randolph Caldecott Awards Collection, The Carolyn Field Award, The Pura Belpré Medal, The Coretta Scott King Awards
All of the above collections are non-circulating. Circulating copies of a number of titles in this collection are also available for check-out in the Children's Department or through Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh and district libraries.
Accessing the Collections
Mon - Thu: 10 AM - 8 PM
Fri, Sat: 10 AM - 5:30 PM
Sun: 12 - 5 PM
For questions and more information call 412.622.3122 or email us at email@example.com.