PITTSBURGH MUSIC - ARCHIVAL MATERIAL
Location: Oliver Room,
Pittsburgh Music Archives #37
- Fifth Season announcement of Pittsburgh Orchestra’s repertoire, soloists, and orchestra members.
- Programs of first through fourteenth concerts, plus sixteenth concert of the Fifth Season.
- Four-page flyer about the orchestra, its conductor (Victor Herbert), out of town engagements, and comments from Pittsburgh newspapers.
- Programs from concerts on tour, including Wheeling, WV, Cleveland, Ohio, and nearby PA towns.
- Program of concert by Mozart Club and Pittsburgh Orchestra.
- Second Annual Benefit Program by Pittsburgh Orchestra for a new East End Hospital (January 13, 1900).
- Concerts by the Pittsburgh Orchestra at Carnegie Hall, Allegheny.
- Concerts by the Pittsburgh Orchestra at Carnegie Hall, New York City.
- Samples of stationery
- Large poster of Pittsburgh Orchestra for concert at Johnstown, PA on February 6. Also several large poster for orchestra at Carnegie Music Hall, Oakland.
- Letter from W. R. Frew (chairman of Orchestra Committee) to Guarantors of the Pittsburgh Orchestra detailing the growth of single seat sales which rose from $6,232.30 the first season to $31,851.25 during the fifth season. This seemed to indicate “…steady growth and appreciation of the Organization.”
- Memorandum of Agreement between the Art Society and each member of the Orchestra.
- Seating plan of Carnegie Music Hall, noting especially seats reserved for Guarantors and those allotted to Pittsburgh newspapers.