Children will learn about the inventions of Benjamin Franklin and Leonardo da Vinci.
Grade Level: K-2
Now and Ben: The Modern Inventions of Benjamin Franklin
Introduces Benjamin Franklin's inventions and how they are still used today.
So You Want to be an Inventor
Presents some of the characteristics of inventors by describing the inventions of people such as Alexander Graham Bell, Thomas Edison, and Eli Whitney.
Neo Leo: The Ageless Ideas of Leonardo da Vinci
Learn about Leonardo da Vinci, artist, inventor, engineer, and scientist.
Benjamin Franklin's Kite
Materials: kite pattern, string, magnets, pencils, construction paper
- Have the students write one thing they learned that Benjamin Franklin invented on the kite.
- Have them cut out the kit and key
- Write their name on the key
- Attach the kite and key to a piece of string.
- Add a magnet to the back of the kite.
Inventor: Someone who is the first to think of or make something
Invention: A new device, method, or process developed from study and experimentation