- Established - 1918
- Closed - 1933
- 1st site - 308 West Swissvale Avenue (Edgewood)
- Also Known As:
- Faith Home for Children
- Mr. R. E. and Mrs. May Elliot Beals
- Sponsoring Agency:
- Home closed as a result of the economic pressures of the Depression.
- The Fire Marshall condemned the house about 1926, at which time the
Children's Service Bureau found homes
for 14 children. There were 40 children residing at the Home at that time.
- The couple cared for more than 200 children
- Mr. Beals was a railroad engineer
- Mrs. Beals died in March, 1934.
- Location of Records:
- PA Department Vertical Files (Orphanages)
- Directory of the Philanthropic, Social and Civic Agencies of Pittsburgh and Allegheny County, 1928 rHV99 .P65 W48 1928