small text medium text large text

Home of the Good Shepherd

Dates:
Established - 1872
Closed - ?
Locations:
1st site - Pride and Bluff Streets (formerly a house belonging to the Sisters of Mercy)
2nd site - 1615 Lowrie Street (Troy Hill - 1874))
Also Known As:
Eudes Institute of the Good Shepherd
Home of the Good Shepherd of the Diocese of Pittsburgh
Our Lady of Charity Training School
Founder:
Father Eudes
Sponsoring Agency:
Diocese of Pittsburgh
Sisters of the Good Shephard
Notes:
For orphan girls and young women.
Location of Records:
Nativity Convent, 4100 Vincentown Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15214 ; 412-931-2299
Sources:
PA Department Vertical Files (Orphanages)
1895 Greater Pittsburg Handbook
1937 Directory of Social Agencies
1943 Directory of Social Resources
Story of Old Allegheny City, p. 90 **(rqF159 .P66 A45 1941x)**
Catholic Pittsburgh's One Hundred Years, p. 120 **(r282 C282)**