small text medium text large text

St. Rita Home

Dates:
Established - 1915
Closed - April, 1935
Locations:
1st site - Winterburn Avenue (Hazelwood)
2nd site - 1615 Rankin Street (North Side - 1916)
3rd site - Tannehill Street (Hill District)
Also Known As:
St. Rita's Ladies' Catholic Benevolent Association Home for Infants
St. Rita's Home for Infants
Founder:
Sponsoring Agency:
St. Rita's Ladies' Catholic Benevolent Association
Sisters of the Third Order of St. Francis
Notes:
The building on Tannehill Street was formerly the old St. Paul's Orphan Asylum.
Location of Records:
Archives & Record Center Diocese of Pittsburgh
1010 McNeilly Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15226
Phone 412-456-3158 email: archives@diopitt.org
Sources:
PA Department Vertical Files (Orphanages)
Catholic Pittsburgh's One Hundred Years, pp. 171-72