For Further Reading: 1942-1943
"Variety Club To Open Temporary Canteen with Fine Stage Show."
- Pittsburgh Sun-Telegraph, 10 December 1942.
"500 Lads of the Armed Service Have Gay Time at Temporary Quarters in Triangle."
- Kaspar Monahan.
- The Pittsburgh Press, 12 December 1942.
"Open House Held at 'Y' for Soldiers."
- Alice Hogg Seneff.
- Pittsburgh Sun-Telegraph, 14 April 1943.
"Canteen Directors Supervise Work of Hundreds of Women."
- Susan B. Nevin.
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, 23 April 1943.
"1,700 Visit Canteen in Official Opening:
- Good Time Had by All As 'Hut' Starts Service for the Duration:
- Welcome to Our City."
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, 18 May 1943.
"YM & WHA Proves Old Way to Heart Adage True of Service Men:
- 750 From Pitt And Tech Breakfast Each Sunday at Bellefield Avenue Canteen;
- Dancing Proves Popular, Too."
- Edith Rosenblatt.
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, 30 August 1943.