Skip to content

Pittsburgh Orchestra Correspondence

The Pittsburgh Orchestra, in existence from 1896 – 1910, was Pittsburgh’s world renown, premier orchestra during Andrew Carnegie’s heyday.  The Music Department holds the archives of the Pittsburgh Orchestra including correspondence, contracts, concert programs, newspaper clippings, notes, publicity flyers, and other ephemera that have been bound together in 23 volumes. Individuals in this collection include: George H. Wilson, manager of the Pittsburgh Orchestra; William N. Frew, president of the Pittsburgh Orchestra Committee from 1897-1900; Frederic Archer, Victor Herbert, and Emil Paur, conductors of the Pittsburgh Orchestra; orchestral musicians and visiting performers; and many more.

To access this collection, please visit or email the Music Department.

See also:

Contact Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh, Music Department for further questions.
Phone: 412-622-3105
E-mail: musicdept@carnegielibrary.org

Pittsburgh Orchestra Correspondence Volumes 1-6

Generated by wpDataTables

Pittsburgh Orchestra Correspondence Volumes 7-23