Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh Begins Phased Reopening of Limited In-Person Service
Visit the Library to use computers, print, pick up and place holds, and apply for a library card.
Curbside service is still available for patrons who are more comfortable with a no-contact approach. Patrons can still pick up holds, return materials, submit a print job or take advantage of our outdoor Wi-Fi Tuesday – Saturday, 10 am – 5 pm.
NOW OPEN Tuesday – Saturday, 10 am – 5 pm for limited in-person service:
- CLP – Allegheny
- CLP – Brookline
- CLP – East Liberty
- CLP – Hill District
- CLP – Main (Oakland)
Branches starting in-person service on Tuesday, August 25:
- CLP – Beechview
- CLP – Hazelwood
- CLP – Homewood
- CLP – Knoxville
- CLP – Squirrel Hill
Branches starting in-person service on Tuesday, September 1:
- CLP – Carrick
- CLP – Lawrenceville
- CLP – Sheraden
- CLP – South Side
- CLP – West End
- CLP – Woods Run
What to Expect
We have arranged floor plans to ensure social distancing, such as removing and distancing chairs and computer terminals.
Available Limited In-Person Services:
- Computer and indoor WiFi (30 minute maximum) – One computer per person except at designed co-working spaces
- Copy services, faxing and scanning
- Select Grab n’ Go items for check out
- Return materials
- Staff assistance
- Library card registrations, renewals and account services
- Magazines and newspapers
- Toys, games and puzzles
- Meeting rooms and study areas
- Programming and events
When Visiting the Library
Each and every one of us plays an important role in the Library’s safe and continued reopening.
We’re doing our very best to keep you safe, and expect you’ll do the same for our staff and your fellow library lovers. Learn more about CLP’s commitment to health and safety here.
- Patrons 3 and over must wear face coverings at all times.
- Children may visit unattended but must follow all behavioral policies and are limited to picking up holds or using the computer. Children visiting with caregivers must stay with them.
- Please adhere to all social distancing protocols and pay attention to all posted signage.
- If you or a member of your household have a fever, cough, shortness of breath, feel sick, or have visited a COVID-19 hotspot within the past 14 days please reschedule your visit for a later date. We offer a variety of digital materials, resources and programming, including eBooks, music, movies and much more that you can access virtually.