Let’s Get Ready to Rumble!
Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh’s After Hours: Battle of the Books Puts Literary Knowledge to the Ultimate Test
On Friday, April 5, Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh’s two most popular adult-only events will merge into one epic evening of library revelry and literary competition.
When: Friday, April 5 | 6:30 pm – 10 pm
Where: Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh – Main (Oakland)
4400 Forbes Avenue, 15213
General Admission (Spectator): $35 per person. Includes 2 drink tickets, light bites, and unique activities and experiences.
Battler Package (available to competing groups only): fundraising goal for 3-5 team members. Each team member will receive General Admission + additional drink ticket, souvenir battle gear and exclusive access to the Green Room.
Battlers participating in the Battle of the Books team trivia contest will complete three rounds of questions around ten titles chosen by library staff for their connection to Pittsburgh. Prizes for overall winner, audience favorite and most donations raised include a Behind the Scenes Library experience, dinner at a local restaurant, tickets to future library events and the opportunity to write questions for future Battle of the Books events. The full book list for competing teams is available on the Library’s website, carnegielibrary.org.
Tickets to this popular event are limited and sell out quickly. To purchase tickets and learn more, please visit carnegielibrary.org/afterhours or call 412.622.6276. Proceeds support the day-to-day operations of Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh.
Battlers and spectators alike can take a break from the competition to enjoy:
* drink selections including wine, beer, and thematic cocktails
* treats from local eateries
* hands-on activities like screen-printing, book binding, button making and more
* meeting their favorite Battle of the Books participating author
* custom book recommendations courtesy of our librarians
* perusing the goods of Songbird Artistry, North Ave Candle Company and Cannibal Paper Goods to find a gift for the bookworm in their life
* challenging librarians to a game of literary trivia