The IRA Charitable Rollover allows individuals age 70½ and older to make direct transfers totaling up to $100,000 per year from a traditional or Roth IRA directly to Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh.
- Your Gift Counts toward Your Required Minimum Distribution
- Your Gift Transfers Tax-Free
- The Transfer Process is Simple
- You Must be 70-1/2 or Older at the Time of Your Gift
- Your Gift Must Come Directly from Your IRA to the Library
- Make Your Gift no Later than December 31 to qualify for the tax year
Your gift will have great impact in our community.
Legal Name/Address: Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh
Organization Type: 501 (c)(3) charitable organization
EIN/Federal Tax ID: 25-0965281
For more information, a sample transfer letter or to let us know that a gift has been made from your IRA please contact:
Anne Lee, Manager of Special Gifts and Planned Giving
Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh
Office of External & Government Relations
4400 Forbes Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15213-4007
Phone Number: 412.622.6276
Please consult with your tax advisor and your IRA administrator to discuss your individual situation, transfer requirements and procedures.
(Retirement assets in 401(k), 403(b), or other retirement accounts are not eligible, but may be eligible to be rolled into a new or existing IRA then transferred to the charity.)