The next election is on November 2, 2021 but the last day to register to vote is October 18, 2021. While this might not be a “big” election year, it’s important to have your voice reflected in all levels of government, including local offices. The best way to do that is simply to vote! For detailed information about elections, voting and more, please visit the Allegheny County website and Vote.Pa.Gov or CivicCLP’s Voting and Elections for all the latest election information.
- November 2, 2021 is the Municipal Election
- Polls are open on election day from 7 AM – 8 PM
- Last day to register to vote: October 18, 2021
- Last day to request a mail-in or absentee ballot: October 26, 2021
Voting in Pennsylvania 2021
- Find your registration status
- Register to vote
- Request a mail-in ballot or an absentee ballot
- Early voting
Researching Candidates and Ballot Measures
Polling Places, Voter Rights and Poll Working
- How can I look up my polling place?
- CLP Polling Locations – 2021 Election
- What are my rights as a voter?
- How do I apply to be a Poll Worker? Are there other ways to volunteer during election season?
- CLP Staff Picks about elections and politics
- League of Women Voters of Greater Pittsburgh
- AARP Pennsylvania
- Vote 411
Note: As a publicly-funded institution, Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh and its employees cannot express opinions, advocate—either actively or passively—for a candidate or cause or try to sway potential voters one way or the other. As a 501c3 nonprofit organization, as defined by the IRS, CLP and its employees are prohibited from engaging “in partisan activities, including but not limited to interventions in support or against any candidate for public office.” Our goal is to provide balanced, unbiased information to our community in the form of displays, programs and resources.
Looking for a good book, album, movie or TV show? We’re happy to recommend them to you! Use this Personalized Recommendations form to send us some information about what you like and we’ll curate a list just for you.