- This event has passed.
Historic Pittsburgh Fair
October 15 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Join us at CLP – Main (Oakland) for the exciting return of the Historic Pittsburgh Fair highlighting the rich historical resources our city has to offer. The day will feature local history institutions and speakers discussing their favorite historical resources and the importance of accessibility within their institutions.
Enjoy panel discussions, a library scavenger hunt, historical tours, and other activities!
This event will be held on the 2nd floor of CLP – Main.
Exhibitors and special guests include:
- Chatham University Special Collections
- CLP Archives & Special Collections
- CLP Conservation, Preservation & Access
- CLP Pittsburgh Music Archives
- Carnegie Museum of Natural History Library
- Historical Glass Club of Pittsburgh
- LAMP/Library of Accessible Media for Pennsylvanians
- Lawrenceville Historical Society
- McCandless/Northern Allegheny Heritage Center
- Northland Public Library
- Pittsburgh History & Landmarks Foundation
- Rick Sebak
- Squirrel Hill Historical Society
- Steel City Chapter of the Railway & Locomotive Historical Society
- The Pittsburgh Queer History Project
- University of Pittsburgh Special Collections & Archives
- Western Pennsylvania Genealogical Society
Historic Pittsburgh Fair Schedule:
12:00 pm – Historic Tour of Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh – Main*
1:00 pm – Rick Sebak kicks off the Historic Pittsburgh Fair with “Questions & Curiosities”
2:00 pm – Historic Tour of Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh – Main
2:30 pm – Overcoming Accessibility Barriers – Panel discussion featuring LAMP/Library of Accessible Media for Pennsylvanians, Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh & Carnegie Museum of Natural History
3:00 pm – Historic Tour of Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh – Main
*Tour sign up will be available at the CLP Archives & Special Collections table on the 2nd floor. Follow the signs!