Summer is almost here!
At the Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh, this means reading at least five books for fun and the return of summer meals! We’re happy to announce that in summer 2021, the Library will continue its participation in the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) in order to ensure even more Pittsburgh youth have access to free food during summer vacation. This is incredibly important because good nutrition is essential for learning.
The following CLP locations will offer Grab & Go Meals through the Summer Food Service Program:
- CLP – Allegheny: June 15-August 20, 12PM-2PM
- CLP – Beechview: June 15-August 13 , 12:30PM-2PM
- CLP – Carrick: June 15-August 20, 12PM-2PM
- CLP – Hazelwood: June 15-August 20, 12PM-1PM
- CLP – Homewood: June 15-August 20, 12PM-1PM
- CLP – Knoxville: June 15-August 20, 12PM-3PM
- CLP – Woods Run: June 15-August 20, 12:30PM-1:30PM
Meals will be provided during the above times each day while supplies last and are for youth ages 18 and younger, and for persons with disabilities up to age 21. Each bag will include both breakfast and lunch. Please help us spread the word about this service to others in your neighborhood!
You can find other summer meals in your community by searching http://www.fns.usda.gov/summerfoodrocks