Did you know that reading just five books over summer vacation helps students return to school ready to learn? Reading and keeping kids and teens engaged has never been more important. This summer, we’re asking the community to band together to ensure that all Pittsburgh youth read five.
Pick up a Summer Reading bookmark at your neighborhood CLP branch to track your reading progress or log your books online using Beanstrack.
As encouragement for reaching this year’s goal, we’ll be offering a lineup of special virtual programming, services and other fun features to help keep readers engaged and inspired. Check out our list below and for updates throughout the season:
Blog Posts and Staff Picks:
- Teen and kids books available through Libby and Hoopla
- Graphic novels available through Libby and Hoopla
- Using NoveList and NoveList K-8 for finding your next read
- Collaborative tech storytelling tools
Creative Course Club:
- Submitting personal drawings to your Beanstack book reviews