Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh: District Library Center
District Library Centers receive funds from the state of Pennsylvania in order to provide support services to the local public libraries in their geographical areas. Support services that Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh provides as the Pittsburgh District Library Center include:
- Delivery Services (Shipping) provides transfer of books, audiovisual materials, mail, and distribution.
- Pittsburgh District Interlibrary Loan Program provides supplemental materials for location library collections.
- Continuing Education is available for staff and local library trustees.
- Comprehensive professional collection is offered for staff use.
- Teen Services provides assistance with teen programs, activities, collections, spaces and training for staff.