Partner With CLP
Are you interested in working with Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh to present a program? There are a number of ways that you can work with us. Please find the option below that best matches your interest.
- I need space for a presentation, meeting or workshop.
- I need a space and would like additional support from the Library.
(This include program partnerships, art exhibitions, author talks, film screenings, and volunteer opportunities.)
- I would like the Library to hire me for a program.
- I would like to request an outreach visit from the Library for my organization, community event, child care center or school.
Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh accepts reservations for meeting rooms and event spaces. Visit our meeting room page for more information.
Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh can offer more than just space in some instances. See below for more information about common requests.
Propose a Program Partnership
Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh considers proposals from organizations and individuals who wish to present programming in our spaces and get help scheduling and advertising programs. Program Partner candidates should:
- Not require funding from CLP
- Have a mission and goals that match those of the Library
- Be capable of offering programs in a variety of neighborhoods
You can submit a proposal at any time. They are reviewed every quarter. Accepted proposals are added to a roster of available Program Partner programs and may be scheduled for every quarter.
- Winter (January – March): Proposals due by November 1, response by November 31
- Spring (April – June): Proposals due by February 1, response by February 28
- Summer (July – September): Proposals due by May 1, response by May 31
- Fall (October – December): Proposals due by August 1, response by August 31
To propose an exhibition in the Gallery at CLP — Main (Oakland), fill out an application.
Neighborhood libraries do not have dedicated spaces to exhibit artwork. However, we can sometimes host exhibitions in collaboration with community members. If you are interested in proposing an art exhibition at a neighborhood library, contact that location directly.
Author Talk or Reading
Interested in doing a lecture or reading at one of our locations? Fill out our application to let use know more about you and your book.
While the library does occasionally host small-scale film screenings of titles from our collection, our spaces are generally not very well-suited to this purpose. If you would like to screen a film in one of our meeting rooms, please plan to supply your own audiovisual equipment.
Visit our meeting room page for more information about meeting room, locations, amenities, and instructions on booking.
Volunteer to Help With Programs
Would you like to volunteer your time and talent to support existing programming at Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh? Visit our Volunteer page for more information and current opportunities.
Other Ways to Work With Us
Don’t see what you’re looking for here? Contact us (select “Partnering With CLP” as your reason for contacting us) to contact the Office of Program and Partnerships directly.
The Library does periodically hire presenters for library programming. Fill out our contact form to contact the Office of Programs and Partnerships.
Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh is committed to providing outreach to partner organizations and at community events. Outreach is subject to staff availability.
To request outreach to your organization or event, please fill out our Community Outreach request form.
If requesting outreach for a school, child care facility, or other educational organization, use our Education Outreach request form.