The Library is always developing new ways for people to engage with us; in addition to our in-person, telephone and email reference request options, you can also speak directly with Library staff using our chat service. You can access this feature via the pop-up window located on every page of the library website. Simply click on the speech bubble icon, type in your message, and one of our staff will respond as soon as they are available. Using the chat interface, they can provide you with text answers, helpful links, images, and even share their screen to provide library service.
Here are just a few examples of how you can take advantage of the chat feature:
- Account Services: Need to renew an item, place a hold or address an issue with your account? CLP staff are here to help.
- Reader’s Services: Struggling to find your next good read or need a suggestion for an upcoming movie night? Library staff is here to help you find the right title, author or genre.
- Genealogy: Doing a deep dive into your family’s history? We can help you sort through local records, and provide remote access to Ancestry – something you normally have to visit the library to use.
- Business Assistance and Career Services: Looking to discover resources, locate public aid organizations or brush up on your resume? Send us a chat request, and we’ll set up time for a 1-on-1 appointment.
- Civic Engagement: Want to receive current information from trusted sources? The Library is here to provide you with civic education and engagement resources, including updates on the latest news from the state, county and city.
Chat service is currently available Monday through Thursday, 10 am – 7 pm, and Friday through Sunday, 10 am – 5 pm. You can also connect with library staff via SMS by texting 412-775-3900.