CLP – Knoxville
400 Brownsville Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15210
“A library outranks any other one thing a community can do to benefit its people. It is a never failing spring in the desert.”
~ Andrew Carnegie
Andrew Carnegie was right. Libraries anchor our communities, connect neighbors and improve the quality of life in our region.
Since 2003, CLP has renovated, revitalized or relocated 15 of its neighborhood libraries. Next Saturday, June 25, CLP – Knoxville will become our 16th location to be renovated. The library renovation and expansion was funded by contributions received as part of Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh Libraries for LIFE Capital Fund. The Library’s $3.25 million investment ensures that the 50-year-old building meets 21st century technology standards, is energy-efficient and ADA compliant, provides spaces for community meetings and most importantly, supports expanded programming for children, teens and adults.
You and your family are invited to celebrate the grand reopening of CLP – Knoxville!
Community Day Celebration – Saturday, June 25
10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (Ribbon cutting at 10:15 a.m.)
- tours of the new renovation
- fun with The Labs @ CLP
- activities and treats for all ages
- Summer Reading sign ups
CLP – Knoxville
Special thanks to the following funders who made this capital project possible:
- Allegheny County
- Community Infrastructure and Tourism Fund
- Jack G. Buncher Supporting Organization of Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh
- Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh Libraries for LIFE Capital Campaign Contributors
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Keystone Recreation Parks and Conservation Fund
- Neighborhood Assistance Program
- Duquesne Light
- Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority
- Green Infrastructure Grant
- UPMC Health Plan
Join us on June 25Celebrate Knoxville's Grand Reopening!
Melissa F. loves short stories (especially ones that are interconnected), literary fiction, memoirs, poetry and creative nonfiction. A native of Philadelphia, Melissa loves everything about Pittsburgh, especially working for the Library as Manager of Grants and Research.