Teacher Library Card
Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh offers a variety of special services, materials and resources for teachers and school librarians.
- Teacher Library Cards: Elementary, middle or high school educators or child care providers, non-traditional educators, student teachers and other individuals who work in early childhood or daycare centers are eligible for a Teacher Card.
- Teacher Cards allow you to keep your personal borrowing needs separate from the items you borrow for classroom use.
- While you remain financially responsible for the items on this card, keeping items separate can help you if you seek reimbursement from your school or organization for lost or damaged items.
- A Teacher Card may be used at any Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh location and normal fines apply as per library policy.
To apply for a Teacher Card you will need to visit the Library in person and bring with you:
- A letter on institutional letterhead signed by the principal or director indicating your status as an employee for the current or upcoming school year or a recent pay-stub that includes your name, current address and school.
- Current photo ID and proof of current address.
How do I obtain library cards for my students?
Library cards are free for Allegheny County residents. Please contact a library staff member at any Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh location about obtaining cards for your students.