UPDATED August 3, 2021
At this time all CLP locations are open with no time restrictions (unless others are waiting for a computer).
Starting Friday, August 6, 2021, masks are required for staff and visitors regardless of vaccination status. This policy will remain in place until further notice.
Masks must cover the nose and mouth. The Library will provide masks if you forget yours at home. If you cannot wear a mask due to a medical condition, we will be happy to help you at our curbside service.
Thank you for your continued patience.
Here’s what you can expect when visiting the Library:
- Expanded hours including Mondays and some additional morning and evening hours. (Please see our locations page to find a CLP location near you and for current hours.)
- Capacity has returned to 100%.
- Computer use time is unlimited unless others are waiting.
- Laptop lending has return and personal device use is permitted.
- The return of furniture to help you relax, read and work.
Here’s what we’re still working on:
- Meeting room spaces are not reservable or available for closed-door use at this time.
- In-person programming is still limited.
- The Pennsylvania Department (local history & genealogy) at CLP – Main is currently not open for in-person visits. Two microfilm readers are available in the Reference Department, and visitors can request specific microfilmed newspapers or books to use during their visit. Books and other reference materials may also be requested for use on the second floor.
So, swing by or stay a while! Browse the stacks for the perfect book, cool off in the AC or say hello to your favorite CLP staff members. We miss you and hope to see you soon!
Curbside and virtual services are still available for patrons who are more comfortable with contactless service.
If you or a member of your household have a fever, cough, shortness of breath, feel sick (even if your symptoms are mild), or have been exposed to COVID-19 within the past 14 days please reschedule your visit for a later date. We offer a variety of digital materials, resources and programming, including eBooks, music, movies and much more that you can access virtually 24/7.
Learn more about:
Connect with the Library
Call, Chat or Text!
Did you know that real-time assistance is available from Library staff seven days a week?
Monday – Thursday | 10 am – 7 pm
Friday – Sunday | 10 am – 5 pm
Chat! Click the “How can we help?” icon our website.
* standard message rates apply
The Library of Accessible Media for Pennsylvanians (LAMP)
Library staff are distributing a wide range of lendable resources to Pennsylvania residents who are unable to read standard sized newsprint, unable to hold a book or turn pages, or who have a physically-based reading disability.
LAMP provides a wide range of lendable resources at no cost to qualified patrons. Our print and electronic collections include:
- Large print books
- Audio described DVDs
- Audio books and magazines with playback equipment
- Physical Braille books
If you are unable to read standard-sized print because of vision or physical limitations or know someone who could benefit from LAMP services, click here to learn more about the world of talking books.