Need more time to finish that book? We understand. You can extend the time you have on most of our items by renewing them. Many items will even renew automatically!
As of February 9th, 2020, all eligible items you have checked out will renew automatically on or shortly before its due date. You are able to extend your loan period up to 6 times as long as there are no other holds on the material.
If you’d prefer to do this manually, there are several ways to renew materials:
- Online through My Account in the library catalog
- Through our automated telephone renewal service: 412.622.1895
- By calling or visiting your local library during business hours
What you’ll need to renew materials:
- Your Library Card Number
- Your Library PIN
- The barcodes of any items you wish to renew (if you’re renewing over the phone)
- Most items may be renewed up to 6 times as long as no one is waiting for that item (someone has placed a hold on that item).
- Interlibrary Loans (items borrowed from outside the county libraries) may be renewed once only.
- You cannot renew items if the item is designated a Bestseller.
A few item types have specific limits. Click here for loans and limits on those items.