Need more time to finish that book? We understand. You can extend the time you have on most of our items by renewing them.
Ways to renew materials:
- Online through My Account in the library catalog
- Through our automated telephone renewal service: 412.622.1895
- By calling or visiting your local library during business hours
What you’ll need to renew materials:
- Your Library Card Number
- Your Library PIN
- The barcodes of any items you wish to renew (if you’re renewing over the phone)
- Most items may be renewed, as needed, as long as no one is waiting for that item (someone has placed a hold on that item).
- Interlibrary Loans (items borrowed from outside the county libraries) may be renewed once only.
- You may renew items that have become overdue. This will stop your late fee from accruing further!
- You cannot renew items if the item is designated a Bestseller.
A few item types have specific limits. Click here for loans and limits on those items.