Facebook is a popular social media platform for keeping in touch with others and sharing information about our lives. It can sometimes seem like almost everyone has an account and is talking about what they’ve seen on Facebook. If you don’t currently have an account but would like one to connect with friends, loved ones and your community in this time of increased virtual interaction, follow the steps below!
Before creating an account, you’ll need to make sure:
- You’re over the age of 13.
- You have a mobile phone number or email account.
How to create a Facebook account:
- Go to www.facebook.com
- Complete and fill in all of the required information:
- Email or mobile phone number
- Date of Birth
- Click “Create Account”
To finish creating your account, you need to confirm your email or mobile phone number. Here’s how:
- Mobile phone – If you elected to use a mobile phone, you will receive a text message with a code. Enter the code in the “Confirm” box you see when you log into your account.
- Email – If you elected to use your email, you will receive an email with a code. Click or tap the link in the email to confirm your email account.
*Note – After you register, follow instructions to confirm your email or mobile number as soon as possible to let Facebook know that they are sending your account information to the right place!
Make sure to remember your account password or keep it recorded in a safe place to ensure that you’re able to log into your account in the future. If you forget your password or need to change it for any reason, you can click on the “Forgot Account” option on the login page. From there, you will be given instructions for how to get access to your account.
Try It Out – Ready to create your Facebook account? Go to www.facebook.com now and follow the steps!
Book A Librarian
We are here to help!