We understand that every library supporter is different, with a special library story, personal reasons for giving and different ways of making charitable giving a part of their life and legacy. That’s why we offer different ways to support Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh and are working to make giving as easy as possible for you.
- More donors are using donor-advised funds (DAFs) to streamline their giving to multiple organizations. The Library is happy to accept contributions to our annual fund or endowment through your DAF.
- Whether it’s GameStop, Dogecoin, or your next market win, a gift of appreciated stock is a tax-smart way to maximize support for the library services you value. Learn more about transferring stock to the Library with the information here.
- Donors who are 72 or older can help satisfy Required Minimum Distributions from their Individual Retirement Account (IRA) with a Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD). You can even use your QCDs to meet multi-year pledges to endowed funds or naming opportunities.
- More than a quarter of Americans who own life insurance say that one of the reasons they bought a policy was to provide a charitable gift, according to Forbes. If you have a life insurance policy that is paid in full you can name the Library as a beneficiary. You can also transfer ownership of the policy to the Library.
- A future gift is often the most impactful gift a person will make. Naming the Library as a beneficiary of an IRA, pension or brokerage or bank account only takes a few minutes. You can also make a gift to the Library in your will. Join us virtually on October 20, 2021 at 6:00 pm to learn more about estate planning from the Allegheny County Bar Association.
If you choose to use any of these options to support library services you will need the following information. Contact us if you would like to direct your gift to LAMP.
Legal Name: Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh Address: 4400 Forbes Avenue Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Tax ID: 25-0965281
Contact: Anne Lee, Manager of Special Gifts & Planned Giving, 412-622-6276 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For all the ways our donors are different, there is one thing everyone has in common: Loving the Library! Thank you for helping Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh engage our community in literacy and learning
*Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh, its employees or representatives do not offer legal or financial advice. We strongly urge prospective donors to seek the assistance of personal legal and financial advisors in matters relating to your gifts and the resulting tax and estate planning consequences.