Recently, Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh has either tweaked or redeveloped several forms on our website. We’ve done that in order to reach and help more of our patrons remotely and extend the personalized service you are used to while in-person services are limited.
You might be (for example):
- A person of any age looking for something new to read, watch or listen to.
- In need of great book or magazine gift ideas for family and friends.
- A parent or caregiver needing items for your young charges.
- A book club member looking for a title to suggest.
- A teen looking for a book to fit an open-ended reading assignment.
Whatever you’re looking for, you can fill out our Materials Match Form and receive a personalized reply and list of items from one of our staff specialists within a few days! We can also put items on hold for you to pick up at your preferred library location.
If you are:
- An educator at any level, looking for books, resources and/or articles for your class, including multiple copies of a single title, use our new Educator Match form for the specific needs of your students.
- An educator looking for information on how to bring Library services into your classroom virtually, fill out our Educator Outreach/Information Request form.
Join the hundreds of patrons who have utilized our services through our match forms and gotten great results.
Winnie F. said, “I ended up getting… a comprehensive list of books, that I found quite helpful. For those of you looking for something to read, I heartily recommend it.”
If you are not sure which form to use or if your question doesn’t fit into these forms, you can reach out to us via text, chat, phone or email and we can provide an answer or direct you to the right place to find the information you are looking for.
Don’t forget to explore our virtual services page for more ways that the library can come to you.
And, finally, if you need more intensive one-on-one help, consider our virtual Book-a-Librarian service.
Remember, we are always working behind the scenes and eager to help people in any way we can. These are a few tools that can make that help more efficient. Take advantage of them as often as you wish, and tell a friend about them too. We’re looking forward to talking, texting, emailing or chatting with you soon.
You can sign up for a free library card here. If you are new to our eResources, check out these tutorial videos on how to get started. If you have any additional questions, you can contact a librarian through Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. You can also call us at 412-622-3114 or email us at email@example.com.