November 7th is the PA General Election!

While this might not be a “big” election year, it’s important to have your voice reflected in all levels of government, including local offices. The best way to do that is simply to vote! The following guide provides details on the voting process (both in-person and by mail), along with links to candidate forums and ballot questions for more context. 

What to Read While You Eat Copious Quantities of Food This Fall

Leaves change colors. Days get shorter. Children fill pillowcases with candy while you season and re-season large dishes for your extended family. Browse some of these books for the minutes in between meat thermometer checks and during the hours saved by reheating leftovers.

Judy Fingeret Krug, Founder of Banned Books Week

Born and raised in Pittsburgh’s Squirrel Hill neighborhood, Judith “Judy” Fingeret Krug devoted her career as a librarian and advocate to the defense of intellectual freedom and the freedom to read without censorship. Judy graduated from the … Continued

Gay Raccoon Art

Artist statement: Using donated materials from friends, fans, and second-hand stores, I give new value to the broken and discarded. By not choosing my own materials my work is community … Continued